Wednesday, April 10, 2013

CraftTails: Coming Soon!



Since the start of the new year, I've been workshopping an idea I came up with to unite two of my favorite past times: crafts and cocktails. My sister and friends have been my guinea pigs in trying out this concept I'm calling, CraftTails- a monthly craft and cocktail night. So far we've tackled dip-dyeing, paper flowers, and DIY Artwork to great success. And thanks to these fine ladies, I have finally decided to take a big step: take CraftTails to the public!

Open-invitation Craft-Tails!
Date:  Thursday, May 9 from 7-10pm
Location:  Greenpoint, BK*
Theme:  TBD
Materials Fee**: TBD
Max Occupancy: 10
RSVP:  thecollectionaire at gmail dot com

*  Exact address will be emailed with RSVP confirmation
**  A small materials fee will be required covering all supplies for your project. The exact amount will depend on the project selected. However, that will be posted here shortly, along with all other remaining details, including the theme for the May CraftTails project!

Okay, so not a lot of details to go on quite yet, but that will soon change! Like our logo (above) which is still very-much in progress, the specifics of May CraftTails still need fine tuning. However, I wanted to be able to announce this since many folks like to get their monthly calendar's set with ample lead time. 

I've got a few ideas for a good May project. I'm researching a few suppliers at the moment to see if we can get the materials affordably and have them available in time for the event. I promise to have answers on all the TBDs within the week.

Oh, and don't you worry.  Whatever crafting theme we go with, we will definitely have a tasty cocktail to match it.

Hope to see you at the first CraftTails!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! With a little future planning I may be able to roll a CraftTails weekend into a NY visit... I'll stay tuned to the schedule : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry this old lady lives so far away...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love This! this old lady so great idea. I've got a few ideas for a good May project.

    Oriental Area Rugs

    ReplyDelete